It is a fact that 50% of your face’s beauty depends upon your hair. Many of you probably are facing the problems of hair fall, premature graying of hair, hair dandruff, etc.
If you really want to get rid of hair problems, onion juice can help in preventing hair fall, increase your hair volume, and make them strong and shiny.
Using onion water for hair growth is quite natural and the best home treatment. This article is worth reading if you are curious to know the benefits of onion water for hair growth.
Some Key Benefits Of Onion Water For Hair
Onion water has antibacterial and antioxidant properties which help to control hair loss. It provides hair follicles nourishment and restores lost nutrients.
Before going into details, you should know some health benefits of onion water for hair.
- Onion water nourishes hair and regrows the lost hair.
- It prevents hair fall and hair thinning.
- It reverses the premature graying of hair and makes the hair shiny because of its sulfur properties.
- It keeps your scalp healthy and infection-free.
- It also controls dandruff.
- It increases blood circulation on the scalp.
- It helps in the treatment of alopecia.
Onion juice helps grow the hair and boosts the antioxidant enzyme catalase. It assists in the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide and increases hair growth.
One of the most important benefits of using onion water is that it boosts your scalp health and increases blood circulation which results in growing and strengthening of your hair. You can also use onions in your diet to enhance your blood circulation.
What Are The Other Benefits of Onion Water Aside From Hair Growth?
Onion is full of sulfur which produces enzymes and proteins. Sulfur in the onion juice strengthens the hair and promotes hair growth. Moreover, it controls the breakage of hair and makes them thick.
Scalp infection might be the reason for hair fall. Due to having antibacterial properties, onion juice may help to fight scalp infections. Likewise, It keeps your scalp healthy and infection free.
Onions contain antifungal properties which wipe dandruff from the scalp and lessen the chances of infections.
As onion carries antioxidant properties, it stops graying of hair. If you use onion water regularly, it helps your hair to shine.
What Are The Side Effects OF Using Onion Water?
Onion has an allergic smell as well as it irritates the eyes. As the onion is acidic in nature, it is allergic to some people.
If your skin is sensitive, avoid using onion juice because it can harm your skin. Before applying the onion juice on your scalp, make sure to wash the onions with water to prevent irritation. If the onion juice reacts to your skin, remove it immediately.
What Is The Method Of Making Onion Water For Hair Growth?
There is no rocket science involved in making onion juice. All you need is a red onion,a small pot, a knife, a strainer, a spoon, a grinder machine, and a cotton ball.
Let’s begin with a simple procedure to make onion water.
- Take a red onion and peel it with the help of a knife.
- Wash it properly to prevent irritation.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Put it in a grinder machine.
- Turn the machine on and grind until it turns into a paste.
- Keep the strainer on a small pot and put the paste in it.
- squeeze the paste with the help of a spoon.
- Finally, apply the onion juice with the help of a cotton ball.
You can also make onion juice by boiling the onion pieces in water.
What Is The Best Way To Use Onion Juice For Healthy Hair?
Once you have made the onion juice, you can use it on your scalp in many ways. Keep reading to learn how to use onion juice for hair.
- The simplest way of using onion water for hair growth is to apply it on your scalp with the help of a cotton ball. Dip the cotton ball in the onion water and squeeze it until all the water drains. Now apply the cotton ball on the roots of your hair in a way that no part of the skin remains dry.
- The other way to use onion water for hair growth is also very simple. What you have to do is take the required onion water and put it in your favorite shampoo bottle. Shake the bottle well and wash your hair like normal.
- Moreover, you can use onion water on your scalp mixing it with lemon juice, ginger juice, rose water, coconut oil, olive oil, or egg.
How Much Should You Use Onion Water?
It is recommended that you should use onion water twice or thrice in a week.
As it is said, excess of everything is bad. Similarly, excessive use of onion water can harm your skin because of its acidic nature.
There might be so many ways to look after your hair and prevent hair fall. But using onion water is quite safe, healthy, and natural.
Onion water boosts hair growth as well as increases blood circulation on your scalp. Plus, it prevents thinning of hair and premature hair graying and removes dandruff.
The benefits of onion water for hair growth are far more than its side effects. It’s not only the onion water that is useful but, the onion is also beneficial for your health.
How to avoid the onion smell from my hair?
To remove the onion smell from your hair, take lemon juice and put it in onion juice. Before applying the mixture on your scalp, mix it well with the help of a spoon.
Can the onion juice stay on my hair overnight?
As the smell of onion is quite irritating, it’s better to remove onion water from your hair after a half or one an hour. If you can bear the smell and your skin is not sensitive, you can leave it in your hair overnight.
What is the best way to use onion oil?
It depends, whether your skin is sensitive or not. If your skin is sensitive, using onion juice mixed with other oils or shampoo is the best way. Otherwise, you can apply onion oil on your scalp without mixing it with anything.